I was pretty excited to join a blog hop and giveaway for Nourish, a new cookbook coming by Nettie Cronish & Cara Rosenbloom. I don’t own a lot of cookbooks whose main focus is ‘healthy eating’, so this was a good way for me to try something new. Plus Paul and I are constantly trying to incorporate more beans, lentils and chickpeas in our meals anyway, so this was a perfect fit (the full cookbook title is: Nourish: Whole Food Recipes featuring Seeds, Nuts, and Beans).
A special thanks to Whitecap Publishing for providing all the bloggers involved with copies of the cookbook, plus a copy to give away (more on that later in this post!). And another special thank you to Heather of The Tasty Gardener for organizing this event!
To take part in #NourishBloggers, I was asked to review the book and choose a recipe to follow. Let me tell you – flipping through the book I saw several recipes I wanted to try right away. However, having to deal with some family health issues meant that I was a little strapped for time (my schedule in the past two weeks has been basically filled with work, hospital and doctor’s visits), so I ended up choosing two relatively simple recipes – Frozen Fruit Smoothie (pg. 26) and Potatoes with Fresh Herbs (pg. 176).
The one thing I loved about these two recipes in particular are that I normally make fruit smoothies and roasted potatoes anyway, so this cookbook made me realize just how simple it was to add nuts and seeds to our every day meals. There were some incredibly tempting recipes divided into nine chapters, ranging from breakfasts to entrees to desserts (desserts!). Besides being approachable, Nourish is a beautiful cookbook – full of large, colour photographs and well laid out recipes. I completely forgot that this was a ‘healthy’ cookbook and just lost myself in browsing the recipes. I’ll be doing a full book review later this month, so watch for it!
And now for the giveaway! To kick things off, tell me in a comment – What is your favourite way to incorporate seeds, nuts or beans into your meals?
Rules & Regulations:
- This giveaway is open to all legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority at the time of the contest in the province or territory in which they reside.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- Giveaway will run from Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 12:01am to end on Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 11:59pm. Winner is chosen at random via Rafflecopter. Winner will be contacted via email and given 48 hours to respond. If not, a new winner will be chosen. Winner selected MUST correctly answer a skill-testing mathematical question. Winner’s name will be displayed on Rafflecopter widget. Email address will never be given out to any third party or anyone for that matter.
- Prize value is approximately $30CDN.
I hope you’ll join me and the other bloggers for #NourishBloggers! Join the conversation on Twitter and be sure to check out what other bloggers thought of Nourish:
- Kelly from Kelly Neil Photography
- Tiffany from Eating Niagara
- Regina from Leelalicious
- Redawna from Nutmeg Disrupted
- Gwen from Devour and Conquer
- Hilary from Cocoa Bean, the Vegetable
- Erin from How to Eat
- Jo-Anna from A Pretty Life in the Suburbs
- Caroline from Do it All Working Mom
- Libby from Libby Roach
- Katrina from Kitchen Trials
- Laureen from Art and the Kitchen
- Emily from Best of this Life
- Lauren from Lauren Follet Nutrition
- Zannat from Food for Happiness
- Sarah from Kiwi and Bean
- Charmian from The Messy Baker
- Heather from The Tasty Gardener
Disclosure: I received a copy of Nourish from Whitecap Publishing for review purposes. I did not receive any financial compensation for writing this post and the post was not reviewed by the publisher prior to publication. All opinions expressed are my own. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.